Naname Essentials LATIdama
Earning the Naname Essentials LATIdama indicates proficiency in a set of slant-drum skills LATI considers fundamental to naname mastery. Specifically, players should be able to:
- demonstrate familiarity with common naname patterns: M1-4, M1-4 extended
- recognize and perform dynamic changes to these patterns
- be able to confidently repeat rhythms composed of quarter, eighth, and sixteenth-notes at 90+bpm
- learn a looped movement phrase in a limited amount of time
- Copycat - Repeat rhythms in call-and-answer format. Four rhythms, each played one time.
- Long Phrase - Play 8-em set of M-style rhythms after hearing set three times.
- Looped Movement - Decipher and play looped movement phrase in 4 minutes or less.
Naname Essentials LATIdama holders are ready to learn next-level rhythms and movements in slant-form. Good luck and have fun!
For general information on the LATIdama system, see LATIdama.