nagado bachi (usually larger diameter, harder "kashi" wood)
- introductions: selected name
- "yoroshiku onegaishimasu"
- 16's Drill
Rhythm Elements: copycat mixing A,B,C,D
- A = don tsu don tsu
- B = tsu don tsu don
- C = don tsu tsu gon
- D = don tsu tsu tsu
-- Try copycat with ka accents, too: e.g., A = ka tsu ka tsu, B = tsu ka tsu ka, etc.
-- Have students create and practice 2-beat phrases based on one of the 8 accent patterns
- review of structure by section
-- "Ka-tsu-ji A-sa-no"
-- Practice last line one hit at a time focusing on sticking and timing
- Split into four groups
- Practice ka tsu ka tsu split
- Practice tsu ka tsu ka split
- Try combining
- PEAC Week planning
-- default: normal class then fruit salad party in kitchen
-- other options: dinner out (if someone can pick the place)
- Asano 5th Anniversary Concert