- Focus on relaxation and speed in hitting technique
Separation of Movement
- Learn drill to focus on smooth drawbacks with powerful strikes!
- Triple-Accent patterns
- If the first beat was played, prepare to play that hit (even if the pattern goes all the way to the last beat of the phrase)
- If the first beat was a rest, maintain that (maybe kiai to remind yourself not to play).
- Use what you know! Simple and familiar rhythms can be used to define and assemble more complex rhythms -- just like words in a sentence!
Continue to practice, practice, practice the 1eau drill.
Review Renshuu parts for next week.