While being video recorded, student plays entire structure with facilitator soloing. Student gives "ichi, ni, so-re" in final bar of first soloist section.
Req 1 - Run-through, technique, and helping the soloist
- jiuchi played comfortably, confidently
- jiuchi played musically
- no significant structural mistakes
- volume adjusted to match soloist
- able to confidently play M1 interactive versions M1a and M1b
- able to play ten tsuku at 160bpm or faster
- able to switch smoothly to eighth-note "teke" at faster speeds
- able to "hold it together" by maintaining and emphasizing groove when soloist is lost, soloist is uncertain
- able to "jump ship" and switch to soloist downbeat
Req 2 - Tempo changes
While being video recorded, facilitator guides student through four increasing speed changes and four decreasing speed changes.
Req 2 Rubric
- able to catch and play with soloist increased tempo changes
- able to catch and play with soloist decreased tempo changes