nagado bachi (usually larger diameter, harder "kashi" wood)
quarters, eighths, sixteenths
actual patterns review
- sufficient elbow bend (KN focus)
generalizing quarters, eighths
- p1 Q -> E, p2 E -> Q (facilitator plays or not to make total odd number)
- p1 Q -> E, p2 E -> S, p3 -> S -> E, p4 E -> Q, ...
break: improv. discussion
next actual patterns
- line 7, 1/2 line at a time
ender: line 7 for vid
- moving first l5 pair of hits to "1"
- generalizing sixteenths
-- pairs up upbeats (su dogo)
-- leading to 1
- ender: Q->E->S->LvS improv to track
-- reminder of difference between improv. and "playing your licks"