Tuesday, May 29, 2018 - 20:00 to 21:45
Student should bring:
nagado bachi (usually larger diameter, harder "kashi" wood)
- with neighbor: name, favorite animal
- naname exercises: opposite arm swings focus
(1) Slowplosion A dajidogo
- daji don dan don
- dajidogo dan don
- dajidogodago don
(2) Call and Answer
(3) Slowplosion B
- Play Slowplosion A Line 4 then Slowplosion B Line 1 right after.
- Play in front of the mirror to make sure you're performance is visually pleasing.
- Things to Remember
- When playing Slowplosion A Line 4, bend your right leg more.
- Move your right leg back when playing the last da of Line 4.
- As your left arm extends away from you after the last hit of Line 4, turn your body to the right. Then drag your left bachi across for the first chi of Slowplosion B Line 1.
- When playing the first chi of Slowplosion B Line 1, reach as high and as far right as you can; extend left leg, somewhat on your toes.
Slowplosion A to B Transition
(4) Loud/Soft Drill
(1) Bachi Rebound
- Pair up. Create 8 ka leading to don
- When composing, think about how the bachi “rebounds” after a ka. What would be the natural path of the bachi? If you get tangled, what are some creative ways to get out of it?
Clean Up and Close