Wednesday, April 15, 2015 - 20:00 to 21:45
Student should bring:
nagado bachi (usually larger diameter, harder "kashi" wood)
- Practice sequence
- Counting games (start in the middle of the drill, play the correct number of middle accents, then play the next pattern in sequence).
- Listening games (hear a pattern, play the next pattern in sequence).
Basic Strike Technique
- Relaxed strike
- Hit fast (but stay relaxed!)
Basic Oroshi Practice
Kuyou Oroshi Practice
- Practice three different types
- Control smooth tempo transitions
- Focus on tone