tsukeshime bachi (usually smaller diameter, softer "hou" wood)
nagado bachi (usually larger diameter, harder "kashi" wood)
-"Yoroshiku onegai shimasu"
-"DON / GON" "DORO" "tsu / ku"
-"Renshuu line B"
-quick lesson on grip and bachi bounce for Connie and Carmen
-- My name is ___ and I like .
- "Yoroshiku onegai shimasu"
Stretch and box-step warmup
- head to toe (neck, arm circles, body circles, lunges)
- beta foot positions "box step"
- front leg bent, back (relatively) straight
- measure distance with arms
- letting bachi bounce, soft to loud, R and L
- follow KB
- beginning, diminuendo, ending
- others lead, people not on drums clap
- DON and GON: whole notes and half notes
-- say, repeat, play, repeat
- DORO: eighth notes, stay down
- tsu ku
Renshuu line B
- DORO tsuku x3 + DON GON
- Renshuu B x2
- learning a taiko song: more rhythms and fun each week
- YK next
- "Arigatou gozaimashita"