nagado bachi (usually larger diameter, harder "kashi" wood)
- Same as usual for naname
- Set up beta row behind naname; beta players accent the SFTD drill (don't skip any of the swing ji hits -- sticking should always be alternating)
-- When naname players play LH, beta players switch to accenting LH swing ji
Use beta drums to play
Game starts with 2 aiuchi (play using beta kata) and jump to the right
During jump, the caller (David) gives a number and direction, e.g. "3! left! 3! left!"
Play that many aiuchi patterns and jump in the direction called
See how many points we can get as a class!
- Easy mode (David is nice): 14 cycles!
- Hard mode (David is strict): 7 cycles!
8 people play Yodan style, 1 person plays ji
- Ji player should practice being consistent and listen to how "groovy" it is
- Chu players should try to use the ji to help stay together and feel the swing
- Tosha II
- Practice all the spots; change the audience (door vs. mirror) and try to keep track of your Tosha II part