nagado bachi (usually larger diameter, harder "kashi" wood)
- facility, shop, school
- introductions (name, why taiko?)
- "taiko" - drum
-- "beta" - upright playing position
-- "nagado" - long body drum
-- "bachi" - drum sticks
- "Yoroshiku onegai shimasu." - opening phrase
- "Arigato gozaimashita." - closing phrase
first-hit for video
stance, grip, strike
concept 1: starting together
concept 2: "rain"
concept 3: satisfying end
"deep" oroshi is...
- perfect timing of the speed-up
- perfect dynamics
- fast, controlled roll
- a group of people doing it perfectly together!
"deep" beta is...
- a beautiful big strike, natural connection to instrument
- understanding of rhythm development
- technical variety
- tonal exploration
- oroshi (starting together, "rain", listening at end)
- meditative beat
- gentle, soft taiko
- interlocking rhythms
- the joy of creating music
- jiuchi entrance (teke) as new gear
- anticipation of the "1" (cutout and enter changed)
- music as an ensemble