nagado bachi (usually larger diameter, harder "kashi" wood)
Review patterns for arrangement
Steve's pattern (A): [Chudaiko] degeDoGodegedaga x4
Francesca's pattern (B): [Chudaiko] (su)Gon DoGo x3 Don Gon Don daga
Bella's pattern (shime): [Shimedaiko] play Ten on "and" of each beat
Learn to count, add kiai, or compare patterns to each other to facilitate playing together as an ensemble
- Bella plays Shime x8
- Steve plays Shime x4 (enters on #5)
- Francesca plays Shime x2 (enters on #7)
- 8th Shime variation: ・・●・・・●・● ● ● ● ● ● ● ●
- Denise, Elizabeth, Francesca switch to pattern A x2. Bella waits for one phrase and plays one bar of Shime pattern.
- Steve plays Don "rest" "rest" "rest" on Odaiko (everyone else rest on this bar!)
- [Steve plays Don "rest" "rest" "rest", Francesca plays A, Bella plays Shime, Denise and Elizabeth play B] x4
- Ending -- Bella/Francesca: teke x8 plus Ten!, Denise/Elizabeth: rest x4 doko x4 plus Don!, Steve: rest x8 plus Don!
Our final run-through!