nagado bachi (usually larger diameter, harder "kashi" wood)
12:45 tour, welcome to new students
- new student recommendations
-- Sunday 1-2pm
-- Thursday 6-7pm
1:10-1:15 set taiko
- count attendees, 4 rows of 4?
- demonstrate how to set drum
- pair new students with experienced students
taiko fundamentals -- feedback for more experienced players
copycat: 1o (previously, "M1")
- first chunk "don gon don"
- second chunk " don gon don dagada"
- third chunk "don gon don dagadan dan"
point to students to lead copycat
feedback on R strike of "otsuri"
- answer questions
- recommended first taiko step: Sun 1-2pm and 12-stamp card