nagado bachi (usually larger diameter, harder "kashi" wood)
- fundamental strikes (sm, m, lg)
- rhythmic (relation to the bar, subdivisions, keeping the pulse)
- movement (grace, independence, flow)
DRILL - 15 min copycat: beta, 8th notes, each rhythm at least 8x
TIP - how drills work
- not "repetition", "improvement is change"
- "excellence is an adaptation"
- constantly changing challenge: 100 workers
DRILL - med strike: 16s Drill
TIP - understand success and failure
DRILL - small strike: speed (taking turns)
DRILL - large strikes: 8th note serial sticking improv