nagado bachi (usually larger diameter, harder "kashi" wood)
12:00 Warmup: copycat
12:15 photo shoot
12:35 Naname Essentials LATIdama eval
- R g/p
- L g/p
- dagadan dan variations
- deciphering movement
- What is a proper strike?
-- last week R straight path
-- apex position
-- elbow bend
-- timing, not starting early
- What makes a movement graceful?
-- extension, no elbow bend
-- bachi as part of arm
- What does "flow" mean?
- What issues can break "flow"?
-- jerky movements
-- unclear focus (which hand is important?)
- What does "independence" mean?
- How does one develop independence?
- What is a relevant movement?
-- strike initiates movement (natural movement dynamics)
-- movement leads to perfect apex position
- next courses Q/A
- dinner plans
- LATIjime closing (5x LATI clap plus "arigatou")