nagado bachi (usually larger diameter, harder "kashi" wood)
- Renshuu arrangement
Lec-dem for guests!
- personal updates
- coach feedback
- PEAC class plan (while doing warmup)
- arm swings
- body circles
-- Lf Rf C C Lb Rb C C
-- Lf Rb C C Rf Lb C C
8:15 last-minute practice
- runthrough Renshuu arrangement
-- say-it, play-it
-- offset say-it
-- offset play-it
-- normal fast
- personal answer to: challenges of taiko and why I tackle them
- purpose of 4-8-16-32 drill
- personal answer to: why is oroshi compelling?
- runthrough oroshi
8:40 welcome guests
taiko explanation and drills demo
- students clarify these statements
-- "Taiko is an ancient art form."
-- "Taiko is Japanese."
- challenges of taiko: personal experiences
- 4-8-16-32 demonstration
- stance, grip, and copycat
- teach Renshu line A with kuchishoga
Renshuu demo by students
9:30 final circle
- upcoming Tue 8 course: Beta Fund for CicLAvia
dinner at Musha