nagado bachi (usually larger diameter, harder "kashi" wood)
Basic Strike Technique & Timing
Stairway to Heaven
- Practice hits from position 3 (elbow bent!)
- Practice understanding subdivisions and rhythmic relationships
- Don't guess! Subdivide and line up hits with the "pulse" accurately.
Separation of Movement
- Don't start the strike before you have to!
- End each drawback with straight arm
- Hit from the elbow (at least): don't let your hits become too weak!
Don tsuku DoRo tsuku
- Exaggerate loud vs. soft
- Practice tsuku technique: high bachi angle, relax during drawbacks!
Practice basic strike arm positions with mirror
Practice high bachi angle tsuku technique