nagado bachi (usually larger diameter, harder "kashi" wood)
Basic Strike Technique & Timing
- Focus on speed of basic strikes
- Don't forget about your stance!
- Maintain sound level as much as possible throughout the exercise (don't let more hits = less sound)
Separation of Movement
- Practice "V" (right hand) and "kamae" (left hand) prep poses
- Practice 4- and 8-hit circle patterns, focusing on timing in 8-hit patterns
- Even circles, fast hits!
Don tsuku DoRo tsuku
- Play "A" pattern (which we learned in the past few weeks) to warm up
- Learn "B" pattern: Don tsuku DoRo tsuku Don tsuku tsuKOtsuku x2, DoRo tsuku tsuKo tsuku x2, dokodoko dokodoko DoKoDoKo DoKODON!
- Focus on quality of tsuku hits. Learn to catch the bounce of a large hit and control it into a quiet hit.
No class next week. Practice drills from class to make Kris proud during PEAC week!