nagado bachi (usually larger diameter, harder "kashi" wood)
- Practice relaxed strike technique
- Isolate elbow motion toward the drum
- Practice engaging points of motion in sequence (shoulder, elbow, wrist, bachi tip)
Separation of Movement
- 8 hits x2, 4 hits x4, 2 hits x8, 16 single strikes
- Smooth drawbacks with off-hand while main hand is hitting
- Strong hits on main hand!
- Relaxation is paramount
- Focus on even sound (space between hits and volume of L and R)
- Combine large and small strike technique
- Use ears to play together
- Anticipate the "one"